This is a rewrite of the classic BBS door game Legend of the Red Dragon version 4.00a by Seth Able Robinson.
Around 2013 a rewrite was created by The Mystical One (co-sysop of Nuklear Lord).
It fixed many of the bugs in Lord and allowed the game to be customized.
It allowed the server (written in C#) to run on a Linux VM under mono.
Users would be able to run the client directly, or connect to a hosted client on the Linux VM via telnet.
Unfortunately the project slowly died.
As player numbers declined at Nuklear Lord there was talk in the forums about the future of the site.
In early 2019 Nuklear Lord went offline.
Lord is reborn
This is a rewrite of the work done by The Mystical One, a lot of credit goes to Matt as it wouldn't have been possible without his work.
This web based version was rewritten to be connectionless, with a database backend and an ajax frontend.
Special care was taken to make it as close to the original 4.00a experience as possible.
The following is a list of changes made to this rewrite:
- Gold gained is limited per level when killing a player. (team play prevention)
- Gems gained is limited per level when killing a player. (team play prevention)
- Players have the option to decline online battles in river, forest and mist realms. (duel kill prevention)
- Death knight skill damage has been boosted from 3x to 3.3x.
- Rounds automatically reset at midnight when the round has been won.
- Weapon and armour restrictions per level in forest, fire and mist realms. (camping prevention)
- Players on the same IP address cannot attack or send romantic mail to one another. (team play prevention)
- Players can not engage in battle with another player who is already in battle. (double kill fix)
- Players cannot enter the realm while engaged in an offline battle with another player. (player left alive fix)
- Players on level 12 die in their sleep in forest, fire and mist realms. (camping prevention)
- Players below level 12 who have more than 15 million exp die in their sleep in forest, fire and mist realms. (camping prevention)
- Online duel battle look and feel has been made consistent with offline battles.
- Dwarf blackjack event removed from the forest.
- Background colours can no longer be used in the flower garden.
- Blank messages are now cancelled rather than sending a default message.
- Ability to block other players. (harassment prevention)
- A new day event will occur for 1 minute at midnight to allow maintenance to run.
- Weak monsters removed from the forest.
- Horse death does 7500 hp damage to the dragon. (early horse kill prevention)
- Inactive players will be resurrected at random times during the day rather than at the start of the day. (timezone advantage prevention)
- Players below level 12 who have more than 15 million exp have their player fights reduced to 1 in forest, fire and mist realms. (exp pool depletion prevention)
- Announcements limited to one line, one per person per day, with a max of ten announcements in the news per day. (spam prevention)
- Players are hidden rather than deleted after 7 days of inactivity. The player is restored when they next play.
The rules for playing in the realms can be found here.
- Free use of weapons and armour regardless of level (camping allowed).
- Players have the option to decline online battles.
- Weapons and armour restricted to certain levels.
- Players have the option to decline online battles.
- Players below level 12 who have more than 15 million exp have their player fights reduced to 1.
- Players below level 12 who have more than 15 million exp die in their sleep.
- Players on level 12 die in their sleep.
- Same as Forest but there is no option to decline online battles.
- Same as Forest but stats outside the game are delayed one day.
Weapon, Armour Limits
- Level 1: Long Sword, Bronze Armour
- Level 2: Long Sword, Bronze Armour
- Level 3: Huge Axe, Iron Armour
- Level 4: Bone Cruncher, Graphite Armour
- Level 5: Power Axe, Armour of Death
- Level 6: Able's Sword, Able's Armour
- Level 7: Wan's Weapon, Full Body Armour
- Level 8: Spear Of Gold, Blood Armour
- Level 9: Spear Of Gold, Blood Armour
- Level 10: Crystal Shard, Magic Protection
- Level 11: Crystal Shard, Magic Protection
Blocking another player
You can block or unblock another player from several locations including the conversation at the bar in the inn.
Blocking a player also applies the block to players under the same account in the other realms.
When you block a player you will no longer:
- Receive their mail, romantic mail or bank transfers
- see their announcements or player fight press statements in the daily news, conversation in the bar, flower garden or writing in the dirt
- receive their online duel requests in realms where duels can be declined
Action barred. Used the same ip address in the last month.
You will receive this message if you try to attack or send romantic mail to another person who has used the same ip address in the last month.
This is an automated system to enforce the no team play rule. See Rules.
A players status will appear undead in the rankings if they are still waiting to be resurrected that day. Players are resurrected
at a random time on the third and sixth day of being inactive.
Generally the site should only be down if the host is having problems, and will come back once they fix their issue.
You can check their status page at http://status.gearhost.com/